Whether fudgy, warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or eaten straight from the pan, brownies rarely disappoint. That's because it’s hard to find an easier or more forgiving dessert. This recipe comes together in under 20 minutes with just a few ingredients and will be sure to put a smile on everyone's face.
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
220g milk or dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
100g pecan nuts, finely chopped
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly and allow to slightly cool for a few minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line the bottom and sides of a square baking tray with baking paper.
3. Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla.
4. Gently whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips and pecan nuts.
5. Pour batter into the tray and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the brownie begin to pull away from the edges.
Cool before serving with Custard or a scoop or ice-cream