A simple creamy cauliflower soup, jazzed up with a drizzle of fragrant herb oil and a few drops of fresh cream, looks surprisingly fancy and will tantalize your taste buds. A restaurant-worthy dish, in under 25 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cauliflower, roughly cut
1L vegetable stock
2 sage leaves
¼ cup chopped coriander
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup thickened cream
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook stirring until soften and light brown. Add cauliflower and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, sage leaves, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the fragrant herb oil to drizzle on top. Mix ¼ cup olive oil with chopped coriander, lemon juice, and season with salt & pepper.
- Once cooked, take the saucepan off the heat and let it cook down for 5 minutes. Remove sage leaves, add half the cream, and blend until smooth.
- Serve in bowls, add shaved parmesan and drizzle a few drops of herb oil and a bit of cream on top.
Crispy pancetta and /or croutons can also be added for extra texture. Simple food at its best!